When I was young birthday's were a big deal. Anyway, we've been married almost 14 years, every year on my birthday, we'll be getting ready to go to sleep and he'll say, "sorry about your birthday". I always say, "it's ok, I'm too old for birthday's anyway". Really I'm thinking, "really would it be too much to just have a cake, I don't need a huge surprise party or anything".
To me it's almost like pre-planned repentance. He knows at the end of the day I'll say, "no big deal" and he's off the hook, and doesn't have to do anything special. Well this year I decided, "NO EXPECTATIONS" that way my feelings won't be hurt. I should of come to this conclusion a long time ago.
I just acted like it was another day full of kids, laundry and cleaning. I wasn't even in a bad mood over it. I just had my birthday at the end of May, (33 years old) to my surprise, this year I got a cake. I know that doesn't sound like much, but pretty huge step. So actually it was an awesome birthday.
Now I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about Brandon. He is a very attentive husband in so many ways. Sometimes too much so. He is constantly complementing me, serving and working his little hindy off. (well not really little, he will tell you how nice his rear end is, and probably tell you to feel it if you don't believe him)
So the Birthday thing really is no reflection on what kind of husband he is. Even if I am a you know what, he'll usually just smile, and say, "man your awesome, and a hottie, how did I get so lucky?". Sometimes I am concerned with his judgment. But I really am lucky one. Cause let me tell you, I can be hard to live with.
Well on to other things, I'll try not to make this too long. Not that anyone reads it other than Jade, and another occasional person, but again I guess it is more for me and my posterity. LOL
We have had a busy, busy past few months. First off April was our "Stitches" month. I officially recognized myself as "Mother of the Year" this month. I know I deserve that award often, but especially this month. Little Joce and Rhett both ended up with stitches. Joce over the eyebrow, Rhett in the middle of his forehead. Yeah real nice going on my part.
Jocelyn fell off the bed, I knew she was getting pretty mobile but not quite there. I put here in the middle of the bed, a went to grab some PJ's for her in the other room. I saw some juice spilled on the floor and decided I should wipe it up. Why I'm not sure, the rest of the house was trashed, so what's a little juice going to do, add to the beauty of the rest of the house.
Something distinctly told me not to clean the juice, and it wasn't just my laziness. Of course I stopped to clean the juice. I go to the bedroom just in time to see Joce going down. So I fly across the bed and grab her leg to try to stop the fall. I think this made it worse because the momentum flung her face into the side of the bed frame.
I heard the contact and knew it was bad. She dropped to the floor, I stood there a second and finally picked her up not wanting to see the damage. I just laid her on the bed and screamed for Brandon to come.
Then I start bawling. Brandon scoops her up, grabs something to stop the bleeding and is telling me we have to go. All the while my face is buried in the bed and I am sobbing. He kept saying, focus, we have to go. I'm like where are we going. He's says, "The Hospital". At this point I loose it again because we never go to the ER because our insurance is so bad. So I knew if we were taking her in it was bad, I still had yet to look at her. Yes I am the nurturing type.
He says, "call Kristen to come over" I'm still just crying and doing nothing. So he is holding a bloody, screaming baby and a phone trying to get someone over. At this point Ashtyn comes out of her room, and see's Jocelyn covered in blood and me freaking out. She then starts to freak out, Brandon was like, "Oh no, not you too. Pull it together Kristen will be here". I finally drove to the hospital and they got her stitched up. It was a "significant laceration" but she was fine. I discovered this night, I am not as cool under pressure as I thought.


About 3 weeks later Brandon was at Young Mens, I was nursing Joce and trying to get her to sleep. Seth was doing the dishes with Rhett's help. I hear them laughing and having a good time and think nothing of it. Then I hear Rhett crying, I still don't think too much of it cause he cries a lot, especially when he's tired.
Seconds later, Seth is yelling for me. So of course I jump up quick, and don't leave Joce on the bed. i run to the kitchen to find Rhett standing on the counter top with blood poring out of his forehead.
This time there is no Brandon, so I grab him and sit to get a better look. Of course he'll need stitches. I call Brandon and he want's to swing into Walgreens for some butterfly band-aids. We had just received the ER bill for Joce. I was like nope, don't think butterfly band-aids will do it dude. He gets stitches and has a good bump and head ache but survived. I think what I've learned is, I should put my kids to bed earlier. Oh, not to mention heeding the promptings from the holy ghost and not just hearing them.



We have been busy with little league games since April. Brandon coaches Seth in two leagues. Olivia also plays in two leagues, and Ashtyn is playing. We are seriously spending hours doing baseball/softball but I love it. Honestly, I get excited to watch them play. Yes I am crazy. Add Brandon's love for Mens softball and we go until late September. Fun Stuff.
I was also lucky enough to be able to help my family shoot pictures at the Cultural Celebration. I often have to help on the not so fun shoots, but this one made up for all of those. It was pretty darn cool. If I was golly enough I literally could have reached out and touched Thomas S. Monson. I felt it inappropriate, especially since I was there as "The Press".
It still was awesome, and we also did the Corner Stone setting on Sunday morning. If you go to KSL.com you'll see me and my sister Trisha in the background, from their news coverage. They were smart enough not to ask us for an interview. Sometimes, even in serious or sacred occasions, I am not exactly appropriate. Something I really should work on. I just have this laugh that gets the best of me.
I make no promises as to when I will return, only that I will. So be ready, it could be next month, maybe next year, or even tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Goodbye for now!!!
3 comments:
You crack me up! I totally pictured you being a relaxed person under pressure! I am still waiting for the day that one of my girl's has to get stitches... I don't think I will do so swell... Andy tried to chop his finger off putting the trailer onto the truck and he had to drive himself to the ER while I was crying in the passenger seat... I just pray that my girls will NEVER need stitches... or anything else for that matter!
You are funny...oh and I read your blog too. I don't update very often either but I do look at others when I have the time. I hope your kiddos are all better. Have fun this summer with all the baseball (something we skipped-too busy with school). Take care.
You always make me laugh...and I sooo know what laugh you are talking about there at the end of that post! I miss it!! I think that you would be surprised if you could find out how many people probably read your blog. They are all just too intimidated to comment! LOL!!!
Post a Comment