Tuesday, October 27, 2009

On a Roll!!!


Rhetty Boys weekly outfit photo. Seriously I would have never let my oldest out of the house dressed like this. I have chilled quite a bit!!! (for the better I hope) Yes those are tights.

True to my word, I have been posting every week. (well for the last two weeks) Tuesday has become my blog day. I'm not sure anyone reads them, but really they are for me, kind of my journal that is way past due.

This week, Brandon is recovering well, though at times still needs extra help. He's doing much better than I expected. I gave him a ride to physical therapy and waited with the kids in the car. Next thing I know the two physical therapist are at my car, telling me he still was in need of round the clock service. They had a service bell for him to ring, so he would have to strain his voice to get my attention. I told them, if it's not heavier than 5 pounds he's on his own. (They were just kidding) Brandon is getting pretty stir crazy and has ventured out some. Yesterday I was going to Wal-Mart, he was just like one of my kids begging to go. Against my will, all seven of us went. All SIX of my kids had a great time.

Sunday was our Primary Program. Soooo glad that is over with. As 1st counselor it goes under my calling to write it. I actually enjoy writing it, it's just getting started. The timing of it was bad for me this year, but the rest of the presidency really chipped in to help pull it off. I think it turned out well, it is a relief to be done until next year.

Last night we carved our pumpkins. I made a huge pot of Chili Beans. It ended up a lot huger than we could ever eat so I called all of Brandon's siblings to have some. Most of them came and ate or took it to go. It turned out well for me, we had just bought four pumpkins and as we were pulling in Brandon said, "you are going to have to carve those yourself, I can't do it left handed."
I said, "shoot, we should of thought of that and just bought one." Jason, Shila and Kendall were there, so I recruted their help. Ashtyn ran to Jason's and brought back their pumpkin. They saved the day, I didn't have to do anything. Turns out too many chili beans made a fun pumpkin carving party.

We are all geared up ready for Halloween. Next week should be fun with pictures of costumes and all. Brandon and I are even going to dress up. That should keep you on the edge of your seats for awhile. See I'm better than a soap opera. (maybe not General Hospital, and in no way do I compete with all my favorites on Bravo, Top Chef, Tabitha's Salon Takeover, etc.) So you better stay tuned!!!





Everyone gearing up!



Kendall and kids, he's teaching them the art of pumkin carving!:)




All five finished, kind of hard to see but they turned out great!!!


This was Seth's he did a lot of it himself. Shila also helped. I thought it looked cool!


I had to add this one...Too cute. Rhett was out and Kensie went in for a little one on one. He won't allow her to hug him while he's awake.

No comments: