Monday, October 12, 2009

FINALLY!!!

Ok, so I finally decided to get with it and update. I figure I am close to my one year anniversary in having a blog. I've posted a few times so I am good. Anyway, little Jocelyn Rachelle was born Sunday, Sept. 6 at 10:02 am.

I decided I wanted to try to have a V-bac and found a Dr. in Mesa. My last 3 children were born about two weeks early, so naturally I planned on her. Well, she did nothing I expected her two. At 39 weeks, still preggers, I decided I better stay close just in case. I tried everything to naturally induce labor. With a V-bac they can't use pitocin or anything, because of the risk. My DR. actually had me schedule a day for C-section the following week. I was getting pretty discouraged thinking after all the trips to Mesa and camping out for almost a week I'd end up getting my stomach sawed open anyway.

Brandon came down with me to my 39 week appt. We stayed Tuesday night in a hotel, I was sure I would be going in to labor that night. The Dr. had stripped membranes and I thought that would do it. Little did I know I would have that done 3 more times, and my Dr. was pretty gentle compared to the others. Wed. morning and nothing. Brandon got a call from a client Wed. morning with a concrete emergency. (With every baby there has been some kind of construction emergency) He ended up taking me to his cousin Craig and Melanie (who I am so grateful to) house were I would spend the rest of my stay. Basically he came home to check things out, and one of the members of the clientele let him know that he needed to be with me not them worrying about a building. Needless to say she was a woman. The call came from a man. So he headed back up Thursday and got there that afternoon.

Thursday, still pregnant and no labor pains. Craig and Melanie were saints, they made a discouraging situation very enjoyable. Melanie and I stayed up half the night one night, I was laughing so hard, I thought for sure I would start contracting. I owe them!!!

Friday still pregnant, and my very busy husband nicely let me know, he needed this to happen soon. Finally Friday evening, he said, "let's get some castor oil". We had been over to "visit" Jen and Joe the night before and they were talking about it. So we did. About 10:00pm, I took it nervously because I had heard some pretty gross stories. I went to bed, honestly not expecting anything. About 4:30 I was having contractions. Anyway to cut the long story short, after about 30 hours, yes 30 hours of labor, (that is counting the 8 hour intermission, when all labor stopped and they could do nothing but stretch my cervix a couple of times, and walk the halls for hours) Jocelyn was born. Took, my usual, 2-3 pushes to deliver, which was the only familiar part of the whole thing. I was in labor longer with her than the other three combined. (not counting Rhett's C-section)

My recovery was great, I felt better physically and emotionally than any of the others. During that last week I was thinking I had made a mistake by going V-bac. In the end I am so glad I did, I made such a huge difference. We are both great, she is the best baby anyone could ask for and I am enjoying myself so much. We are truly blessed.

Pictures to come soon... hopefully!

1 comment:

Summers Family said...

well hurry up with the pictures! I'm glad everything went good for you! You are so brave! I would never have been able to do that!